Saturday, October 24, 2009

Embarrassing

I know you probably think I'm talking about the result of the game, which wasn't pretty and BYU played their second worst game of the season. You could even argue it was the worst since not even the offense was clicking tonight. The game was terrible but I liked that the players didn't quit. When we were up against FSU, I sincerly thought some players just quit after it got out of hand.

The embarassing thing about this game were the BYU fans. Yes, I'm calling out the fans. I've been to a lot of BYU games and I've heard a lot of fans criticize coaches and players, but tonight, they actually booed the players and coaches. Booed them! Unbelievable. It's one thing to criticize and get on your team, but to boo them when they're out on the field trying to play a game? Tell you what, how about each of you that booed has 3 or 4 players/coaches come to your place of business and boo you while you try to work. Sound like a plan?

You didn't have to buy your tickets and you didn't have to attend the game. Whether it was what you expected, whether you agreed with the playcalling, whether you were unsatisfied with the performance of the players, booing is bad sportsmanship and worth you losing your seat at the game.

My wife heard some criticism about the heart and fanaticism of BYU fans recently and spent time defending them. That was the last thing she wanted to do tonight. Many fans left midway through the 3rd quarter and the rest about the time the 4th started. Stick it out people, the players do.

Sometime this week, I'll try to post the rules of fandom if I get the time to research and put together a good list, but hear me now, BYU fans at this game tonight, failed requirement #1, SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

--stepping off soapbox--

TCU better win out and qualify for a BCS game ahead of BSU because they are a legitimate top 10 team.

No comments:

Post a Comment